Saturday, August 23, 2014

EEG electrode placement summary, August 2014


After reading the theses from my research mates from Uni Oldenburg, as well as Uni Bremen, I summarized some EEG electrode placements in my PhD note. So these are the links to my note.


SSVEP stands for steady-state visually evoked potential.

The idea is to minimize the number of EEG electrodes, which I am planning to use with my mobile EEG device. Putting electrodes to the scalp takes a lot of time. If 192 electrodes were put on whole scalp, it could took 1 hour or more and it would not be practical for the users. Also, analyzing the data from a large number of electrodes has a curse of dimensionality. I am planning to record using 8 or 16 or 24 EEG electrodes. Less is more! The EEG electrode placement which I need have been noted, so I just look into those specific electrode positions for my analysis, as well as, online signal processing.  

***

Tulisan ini adalah rangkuman dari posisi elektroda EEG untuk Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) berbasis SSVEP, P300,  dan "motor imagery" atau gelombang mu, untuk bulan ini.

Bremen, 23 Agustus 2014

iscab.saptocondro
Darah Juang!

No comments:

Post a Comment